Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Build an incredible experience, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- Earlier, I touched on the importance of building a great product, but growth hacking goes beyond the key features of the product. Your entire brand experience will benefit from being incredible. Everything the user comes in contact with is an opportunity to impress them. Understanding your customer allows you to decide what will make them happy and what might excite them. The right elements delivered at the right time will motivate your customer to share your company with others. By building an experience, you're essentially earning customer loyalty and turning them into an advertising vessel.
Think about your own interactions with companies. Did a particular brand do something that impressed you? Did you experience an unexpected moment? Perhaps you've used an online product that went above and beyond in solving your needs. What happened then? It's very likely that you shared that moment. The truth is, people share incredible moments. As we'll do in all of our growth hacking, let's look at science to understand why. In 2012, Harvard University neuroscientists conducted a study using brain imaging experiments. They discovered that about 40% of everyday speech is devoted to telling others about what we feel or think.
They also determined that sharing information triggers the same sensation in the brain as eating. The feeling is so rewarding, we can't help but share what we think. Armed with that knowledge, you can quickly see why creating shareable moments is, in itself, an opportunity to grow with little effort, beyond designing the experience. The key to a great experience is authenticity. Do things that are genuinely in the best interest of your customer. Avoid nagging them to share by interrupting their experience.
Instead, let them discover and share under their own motivation. As you pursue developing growth hacks, build in a must-have experience. Put that experience into the hands of the right customer, and you'll be on your way to obtaining natural and viral growth.
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking