Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Airbnb, part of Marketing Foundations: Growth Hacking.
- In 2007, two designers, Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia,…needed to find a way to make ends meet.…Struggling to afford the rent…in their San Francisco apartment,…they decided to rent space in their living room…for an upcoming design conference.…As is usually the case with big conferences,…hotel space is hard to come by.…So, they capitalized on this opportunity,…and it was the first of many steps to growth.…When others began asking how they could host…or find lodging around other events,…the two quickly pivoted,…and built a site that allowed just that.…
Now using archive.org, I pulled up…what the site looked like in March of 2008,…not too long after the original launch.…As you can see from the simple marketing on this page,…they picked a niche market, event lodging.…Their target market was likely a desperate crowd,…last minute travelers who missed the chance…to stay in a hotel and needed to find accommodations.…They filled a gap in this market.…You can see here that they iterated quickly…from the initial concept, therefore allowing others…
The course concludes with growth-hacking case studies, highlighting the growth-hacking techniques that helped propel such companies as Airbnb, Uber, and Tinder to explosive growth.
- What is growth hacking?
- Understanding the funnel
- Setting up tracking and analytics
- Leveraging customers and existing users
- Testing ideas
- Generating an audience
- Creating an incentive strategy
- Real-world examples of successful growth hacking
Skill Level Beginner
1. Fundamentals of Growth Hacking
2. Developing a Plan for Growth
3. Preparing for Growth
4. Planning Clear Tests
5. Choosing Your Growth Hack
6. Generate Your Audience
7. Incentivize Your Users
8. Generating Growth Moments
9. Case Studies
Wrapping up1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.