Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Building Your Marketing Technology Stack.
- This course is going to stay at a relatively high level, and you might think of it as a survey type course, like that history of the world class that you might have taken. We're going to cover a wide expanse, but we're not gonna be diving too deep into any single technology or concept. Now the good news is that there are lots and lots of resources out there, including many courses right here in this library, that you can use to explore any of these components that we'll look at in greater detail, and we'll highlight them as we go along. My hope is that by the time you finish these videos, as a marketer, you'll have a really solid understanding of all the various capabilities that you have to reach new and existing customers through digital, and more importantly, you'll know how it all works and what technology is required to drive it.
While there aren't really and prerequisites for this course, hopefully you'll have at least a general understanding or working knowledge of the marketing and advertising technologies that are out there these days. Knowing about search and display advertising for example, or understanding what a CRM, or a customer relationship management system, can do for you. Or, having some experience with analytics tools will certainly be helpful, but again it's not a requirement. Last, we're going to mention a lot of different vendors of the tools and technology that we're discussing.
Now I've been working in this space for over a decade, and I can tell you that there's no single provider that's right for everyone, so when we mention these, it's not an endorsement, and it's of course not a complete list of everyone in the marketplace. Instead, it's just a list to get you started down the path of discovering and evaluating the different solutions that are out there in the market, so that you can see which one is right for you. Today's digital marketing stack is complex and rapidly changing, but for those that can activate it and leverage it, the reward is a very real and very powerful competitive advantage.
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling