Fine-tune your digital marketing strategy with a well-chosen technology stack. Explore each layer in the stack: marketing and advertising, digital experience and clickstream measurement, back office functions, and analysis.
- Hi, I'm Dave Booth, and welcome to Building Your Marketing Technology Stack. If you've been involved in marketing over the past few years, you know that the game has changed. In the age of big data, and with the explosion of digital channels, the technology that's driving new mediums, and widespread adoption of the new ways that we as consumers are interacting with media and brands, it's no wonder a marketer can find themselves feeling a little overwhelmed. In this course, we're going to break down the core components of today's digital marketing stack, picking apart all of the various pieces that make up the modern marketer's toolbelt.
We'll be focusing in specifically on the various technology components that you'll need to drive each of these areas. And we'll also look at how they can integrate together and play together with one another. We'll look at the digital channels where we can reach consumers, the digital experiences we can create for customers and prospects, the data that all of this is creating, the analytics we can apply to it, how all of this ties in to the traditional back office, and finally, how digital lets us continually improve through analysis and optimization up and down the stack.
So if you're looking to understand the technology that's out there in a digital marketing world, plan your strategy, or put that plan into action, then let's get started with building your marketing technology stack.
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- Explain the purpose of web analytics platforms.
- Define display advertising.
- Recall an example of RACI.
- Identify what types of data can be found in the experiences layer.
- List four examples of platforms that connect your social media accounts and consolidate management of social activities.
- Name two characteristics and benefits of digital advertising.
- Explore the benefits of predictive modeling.