In this video, you'll explore the various formats that make up today's display ads, including display, programmatic, and RTB.
- [Voiceover] Put simply, display advertising…refers to just about any ad that you see on a webpage…or in any mobile application that's not on a search engine.…Yes, this definitely includes the old banner ads…that still linger around, but the technology…and the landscape have matured quite a bit since then.…As a marketer today, you'll want to understand…the various formats that make up today's display ads.…The different marketplaces and platforms that can be used…to buy these ads and the tools and technologies…that can help you ensure that you're targeting…the right audiences with your display budgets.…
First, let's tackle the ad formats.…Web and ad publishers all over the world…offer up what's known as Advertising Inventory.…And these are just blocks of different shapes and sizes…that you see as ads as you browse around on the web…or use mobile applications.…Those ad slots can be filled by advertisers each…and every time a page loads, and…there can be some complex processes…behind just which ads win those opportunities.…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling