Explore how each part of your technology stack generates data that can be used in marketing.
- One very important thing to know is…that virtually every piece of the marketing technology stack…is rich with data.…Just about everything that's done digitally these days…is leaving a footprint somewhere…that can be leveraged and used for something valuable.…In the advertising layer,…think about all of the data being generated…every time an ad is shown.…You'll know where the ad showed,…whether or not it was clicked on or interacted with,…what version of the creative it was,…whether or not it lead to a success or a conversion event,…how many times it was put into play,…how much it cost you,…and all kinds of other information…that can help you make decisions…and measure success or failure.…
In the social realm,…you've got all kinds of monitoring tools…that generate data about your brand…and the buzz that might be surrounding it, good or bad.…You've also got the same kind of performance marketing data…that can help you understand your paid…and natural social campaign efforts.…On the email front, you'll be generating data…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling