In this video, you'll be provided with an overview of web analytics: figuring out who is visiting your digital properties and whether they are accomplishing the goals you want them to.
- At this point, we've taken a look…at the different digital advertising channels…and mediums that can be used to drive…traffic to digital experiences,…and one of the best parts about digital…is just how measurable it is.…For many organizations, this path to measurability…starts with web analytics, and in actuality,…these days it's expanded to include…app analytics as well as websites.…Web analytics is all about figuring out…who's visiting your digital properties,…where they came from, what they're doing,…how they're interacting, and whether or not…they're accomplishing the goals you want them to.…
We do all of this so that we can understand…our users better, and continually…optimize the experience and the performance…of all these digital assets.…As with most of the videos in this course,…this is in itself a very big topic,…and I encourage you to head over…to some of the other courses here in the library…if you really want to dive in,…but for our purposes, we're gonna talk…about how these tools work, the kinds of data…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- Explain the purpose of web analytics platforms.
- Define display advertising.
- Recall an example of RACI.
- Identify what types of data can be found in the experiences layer.
- List four examples of platforms that connect your social media accounts and consolidate management of social activities.
- Name two characteristics and benefits of digital advertising.
- Explore the benefits of predictive modeling.