Learn about the various components and functionality of an e-commerce platform. Discover how to take care of user and order management, accept payments, work with shipping and returns, and all the things you would expect from today's online stores.
- If you're planning to sell online,…then you're probably going to need…an e-commerce platform to do it.…Depending upon just how much you're selling…and how big a part of your business it is,…you'll have quite a few options here,…but we're going to assume that you need more…than just a buy now button for an item or two…that you have on your website.…We're talking about handling lots and lots of products.…Taking care of user and order management,…accepting payments, working with shipping and returns,…and all the things you would expect…from today's online stores.…
As with most things, you have the option…of building something from scratch,…but there are so many good options already out there,…that unless you've got a really good reason not to,…you're likely going to end up going with…one of the buy options here.…Again, there are lots of offerings that…range from free to pricey, and each one…differentiates itself on the features it offers.…There are options like Magento, osCommerce,…OpenCart, Zen Cart, Volusion,…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling