Learn everything you need to know about tag management and what it can do for a marketer.
- We've looked at lots of tools that can measure things,…track behaviors, and produce enormous amounts of data…around what's happening on the digital experiences…that you're offering to your prospects and customers.…As you can imagine,…adding all of these technologies to your stack…can get pretty complicated pretty quickly.…Many of these tools work by using what are known as tags,…or little snippets of code that you stick…on the different pages of your website,…or that you embed in your apps.…For example, web analytics tools typically require…a base tag to go on every page.…
Then, you'll add even more code to track…all the things you want to measure.…Think about a simple product webpage.…The base code will track when that page is loaded,…and collect a bunch of information…about the visit and the visitor,…but if you wanted to track any custom data…about the visitors themselves,…or how they interact with product images or videos,…or shopping cart actions or anything else,…you'll have to add more code.…If you're running digital advertising campaigns…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling