In this video, you'll gain an overview of social media marketing and paid social opportunities.
- Just a decade ago, social media wasn't even a term,…and in the world of advertising, communication was…still a one way street, where brands…crafted and pushed their messages to the audiences.…Sure, you could make the argument that…digital had started to allow for some…two way interactions through website forums and chats,…and things like that, but the reality was…that advertising was still advertising,…just with some new and exciting channels.…But then social media came along.…People began joining networks, building profiles,…sharing content, and living a digital version…of their lives online, and it caught fire.…
With the rise of personal networks like Facebook,…professional networks like LinkedIn,…and even streams of constant life updates…made possible by platforms like Twitter,…people were jumping into a new aspect…of the digital revolution.…While advertisers looked at this wealth of activity…and marketing data from the outside,…it wasn't exactly clear just how they…could start to take advantage of it,…and it took a while before the networks themselves…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling