Get an overview of DMPs, what they do, and how they help the organization in this video.
- View Offline
- You're probably realizing that there are lots…of different data sources here, and…a lot of different activation channels to keep track of.…You've got CRM data, Ad Server and Platform data,…website and App analytics data,…and that's just the start of it.…And, you want to use all that data to help…guide your digital advertising all over…the different channels that we've looked at.…So how can you effectively manage all of these?…Well, that's exactly what a Data management platform,…or a DMP, can help you do.…A DMP is basically a centralized system…designed to collect, manage, and integrate…large data sets from all kinds of disparate sources.…
Now this can include online and offline data…and it can leverage both first party, or owned,…and third party, or paid, data sets.…From an advertiser's perspective, the biggest thing…that a DMP does for you, is unify data…from different sources that are all…related to a single person.…Because you're having so many different interactions…with the same person over all kinds of different mediums,…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling