Identify what a customer relationship management (CRM) is and what it does for the organization.
- When we look at the Back Office layer…of the technology stack,…one of the core components is going to be…just how an organization keeps track of its customers.…These days, that usually means…a customer relationship management tool, or a CRM.…While they've evolved with a lot of functionality,…you can think of a CRM in its most basic form…as a digital version of your traditional Rolodex.…When you first find a sales lead or a prospect,…you can enter whatever information you might have…into the CRM,…and that customer record continues to grow and grow.…
You can capture information…about the conversations you might have had,…where and how you met them,…what products or services they were interested in,…what stage of the purchase they're in,…and just about any other field of data…that you'd like to collect.…If they make it through the buying cycle…and become a paying customer,…you can add a history of everything they've purchased,…and all of their interactions with you…to that customer record.…All the while, enriching that data set…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling