In this overview, you'll learn about communication through dashboards and data visualization—today's new "reporting".
- One of the best ways to get data in front of people…is through reporting.…Now we've been doing this for decades and decades…and you probably know exactly what I'm talking about.…It's that revenue report that finds its way…to your desk every Monday morning.…Or the quarterly financial documents,…or the inventory status reports.…In the world of digital marketing,…maybe it's the monthly report that your…agency sends you with row after row…of click and impression data.…You know, reports.…And while these can be great for a lot of purposes,…these snapshots in time have some…very big limitations as well.…
And in an age where business is moving fast…there are a lot of reports that you either…can't wait until Friday morning to receive…or you need to dig in deeper than what's…available in the static pages.…This is where dashboarding and data visualization can help.…We're in the midst of a pretty big shift…from standard reports to automated…interactive real-time dashboards…and the tools and technology on the market today…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling