A CMS is essentially a platform that helps to publish, manage, and organize all the content of a website. Explore what a content management system (CMS) is and how it helps today's digital marketer.
- We introduced the idea of a content…management system earlier in the course,…and in this video we're gonna dive in to just what…these things are and how they help today's digital marketer.…A CMS is really just a platform that helps to publish,…manage, and organize all the content of a website.…As you can imagine, there are free ones,…there are expensive ones, and there are feature sets…aimed at individual blogs, enormous corporate…websites, and everything in between.…Basically, once a CMS is installed, set up, and configured,…it lets people do things like create new pages…in much the same way you would use…a word processor to create a new document.…
It adds all kinds of additional metadata to different pages,…it ensures that standard themes and templates…are used consistently across the experience,…it handles menus and the way information…is organized and presented, and things like that.…They're all a bit different, but at their core…they work by adding a layer between the code…of a website and the content of that website.…
NOTE: While specific software and platforms aren't endorsed, you will see how tools like a customer relationship management system and web analytics work in a successful marketing mix.
- What is digital marketing?
- Understanding the marketing data being generated
- Reaching customers via digital channels like social, search, and display
- Working with digital experiences
- Selling online with ecommerce
- Going mobile
- Measuring and optimizing with testing and analytics
- Running and operating a business with technology
- Storing and extracting data
- Learning and predicting with data exploration and modeling