In this video, begin to write the code that applies to objects in the scene, which responds to the user gaze.
- [Instructor] So to set this up,…we've created two classes.…And one class is pretty much the same version,…is the gaze version of the Controller class…that we've created previously.…So it's very, very similar we'll see very soon.…The GazeTarget is actually the class…that we're gonna attach to any 3-D object.…And I'm saying 3-D object because…the UI system of Unity is already…very friendly to the gaze and to Raycast…so Unity has this event system…that really controls which element,…which UI element in the series…actually being pointed at or overed with…with the mouse or--…- [Instructor] And you need to add…a collider for that to work, right?…- [Instructor] Exactly, if it's 3-D object, yes.…
First thing to do, so we have our lamp,…our floor lamp here.…We make sure that we have a box collider.…If you can't see a box collider,…you can just add a component and type box…in actually box, you will find…the box collider right at the top, here.…So once you set the box collider,…you modify the center and the size to make sure…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.