In this video, begin to write the code for your gaze class, used by the Camera.
- [Instructor] Okay, so let's have a look at the Gaze class,…the script code that triggers the gaze target…to light up or change colors.…- [Stefano] So getting to the gaze code, gaze class,…we can see we have two variables here,…one is the GameObject called gazedObject…which is the reference toward of…anything that we're watching,…that we're actually gazing on at that time,…that specific time, and we have a max distance…as a public float, because we want to be able to decide…how far away the gaze is going to be affecting.…
And he's actually going to select something.…We might decide that if something is too far away,…should not be selected.…- [Instructor] Right so it kind of limits your hit testings…to a certain distance from your headset.…So things that are too far away you can't interact with.…- [Stefano] That's right yes.…So up here in the first spot of the update loop,…right at the start, we have the actual creation of the ray.…So we check which one is the forward direction.…
We have this ray that starts…at the camera main transform position,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.