In this video, learn how to enhance our code to support accepting a text input and returning a speech with the text spoken.
- [Instructor] So now that I've successfully authenticated,…I can use this access token…and call the speech and point and do text-to-speech,…and I will say that what you're…looking at here is demo code.…You don't want to hit…the access token endpoint all the time.…You know, the access token is valid for 30 minutes…to one hour depending upon who issues it.…It's their choice, really, so you want to store it…and you want to renew it when you need it.…It is technically out of scope of this course…on how to manage these access tokens,…so I won't be covering that here.…
Another thing I'll mention is that I'm using…a simple post request response mechanism.…The speech-to-text API is also quite sophisticated,…it can support streams.…So those streams, I will not be covering in this course.…I'll leave that for a more advanced course,…but here at least you get an idea of the possibilities.…With that out of the way, let's go ahead…and actually call the speech API…with this access token so we can do text-to-speech.…
First I need to create a payload,…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Design Advanced Applicationswith Sharon Bennett1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.