Here we add the necessary code to target speech-to-text functionality of the Speech API. Learn how this also involves reading a .wav file in a specific format to submit it to the Speech API
- [Narrator] Now at this point, you should have…provisioned yourself access to the Speech API.…You should have taken this endPoint and these keys…and put them in a safe place.…I went ahead and went to my code,…config.ts and I put my keys and the endPoint…in the config.ts file.…So that is step one.…You also need to add another endPoint,…which is the speechToTextEndPoint,…which goes to this URL here.…
So go to speech.platform.bing.com/speech/recognition/…interactive/cognitive/services/…V1?language=en-us&format=detailed.…So, just copy paste this out of the provided source code.…Now, let's go to index.ts…and start writing our code.…So first, let's look at converting speech to text.…So the intention here is that I'm going to take…a file, I'm just going to record some of my audio…and that file I'm going to submit it…to the Speech API and hopefully it'll return me text.…
Let's see how that works.…So let's say function, convertSpeechToText…fileName: string…and the idea is that I'll just call this using a file.…Let's call it audio.wav.…
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.