Join Sahil Malik for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 4 Search.
- [Instructor] Before we start, let's talk a little bit about what you should know, what your background should be so you get the most value out of this course. Let's start with the good news. You don't need to be an AI expert. You just need to understand the power AI brings to your applications but no, you don't need to be a data scientist or understand anything about things like training models, predictive analysis. You don't need to understand any of that to find this course useful but you do need to be a developer and from my point of view, that means someone who can execute a REST query.
Indeed, as a developer, you bring a lot of other skills, too but Microsoft Cognitive Services is accessible over a simple REST query. As long as you can make a REST call, you're welcome to join in. You will, however, need a modern browser and an Azure subscription. The free subscription is fine to learn this course but you do need some kind of subscription. The good news is that you can follow the concepts shown on this course on any operating system and on any development platform.
So, everyone is welcome.
- Setting up search in Azure Portal
- Executing a simple search query
- Executing an image search
- Executing a video search
- Executing Bing Autosuggest queries
- Analyzing the results
- Configuring Bing Custom Search