Join Sahil Malik for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 3 Language.
- [Instructor] Let's talk a little bit about what you should know, so you get the most value out of this course. The good news is that you don't to be an AI expert, but you do need to be a developer. Any platform is fine. IOS, MacOS, Windows, WPF developer, Node.js, as long you're a developer who can make rest calls you're welcome to attend. All of my code examples, however, are in Node.js.
But really, all I'll be doing is making simple REST calls, and as long as your platform of choice can make those REST calls, I think you'll get a lot of value out of this course. The reason I have picked Node.js is for simplicity, and the fact that it works on every platform. But again, you're welcome to attend this course with any platform of choice. So what you do need to know, however, you must be a developer. Using cognitive services is a matter of calling REST API's.
So, what is a REST API? That is something that should be familiar to you. And you must have used the Azure portal for something, because throughout this course, I will be provisioning resources in the Azure portal. When I say log into the Azure portal and create a new resource, that should mean something to you. And yes, certainly, it helps to have an Azure subscription. A free subscription is fine, but you need some kind of Azure subscription to follow along with this course.
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.