Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So what you should know before you take this course, there's not a lot of prerequisites, other than you should be familiar with what is cloud computing and how it's different from running services in your own data centers. You should be comfortable with a browser as well. We'll show how you can create an Azure subscription, and we'll use that subscription to provision some services and we will do a couple of demos where we go out and use Visual Studio to do some deployments. Beyond that, you don't need much.
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage