Join Sahil Malik for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers.
- [Instructor] Let's talk a little bit about what you should know, your background, before we get started with this course so you get the maximum value out of this course. Let's start with the good news first. You don't need to be an AI expert, to get value out of this course. But you do need to be a developer. Really any platform is fine, but you do need to be a developer. All my code examples are in Node.js. And that is for simplicity purposes.
Also for portability purposes because Node.js works on every development, Windows, Mac, and Linux. But at the end of the day, I'm making simple REST calls and a simple Node.js based project allows me to show you the exact URL I'm calling in one single page of code. So as long as you can adapt my code to make a simple REST call with the headers and the URL that I show, you should be able to follow along. Yes, Android, I0S, PHP, C+, Java, all of these platforms should be able to get value out of this course.
So what you do need to know, the number one skill, you must be a developer. On some platform, but you must be a developer to get value out of this course. You must also be somewhat familiar with the Azure portal, so when I say let's log into the Azure portal, that should mean something to you. Let's provision a new resource, or search for the kinds or resources you can create in Azure portal, that should mean something to you. And yes, by definition that also means that you must have an Azure subscription.
Now technically a lot of cognitive services capabilities can be provisioned even without an Azure subscription. They're absolutely free to use. But the code examples that I've shown in this course prefer to go the Azure route. I've shown you the free route as well, but I prefer to go the Azure route, because then you can change it from a free application to a paid application when you're ready to push it into production. So I highly recommend that you should have some kind of Azure subscription, even though it won't cost you anything to go through this course.
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts