Join Sharon Bennett for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Azure: Design and Implement App Service Apps.
- [Instructor] Before jumping headfirst into Azure apps, there are a few things that you should know. This course covers Azure apps only, with a focus on Azure web apps. It is designed to provide an overview of this specific service. You can learn more about other functionality within Azure in courses already available in the library. This course focuses on the new Azure Resource Manager portal. We will not be looking at the classic portal at all within this course. All of the demonstrations will be using this portal.
You should already be somewhat familiar with Azure and basic server administrative roles. Microsoft is not asking you to relearn everything you know about infrastructure, but just tweak what you already do know. And this course is not a programming or dev course, and we will not be covering any code except for Power Shell and the command line interface. This course is designed to help you learn Azure apps from an IT infrastructure perspective, so you can help your dev team.
- Deploying Web Apps
- Creating App Service plans
- Deploying and moving apps
- Configuring app settings
- Managing Web Apps using PowerShell and CLI
- Configuring alerts
- Enabling diagnostic logs
- Retrieving and streaming logs
- Configuring Web Apps for scale and resilience