Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Azure: Business Continuity.
- [Voiceover] Before we get started, there's a couple things you need to be aware of and you should know. First off, hopefully you're familiar with cloud technologies in general. We're going to be using cloud technologies throughout this entire course, specifically we're going to be using Azure. So, if you have some basic familiarity in cloud technologies it's going to really help jumpstart this course for you. Hopefully you understand on-premises backup technologies. Hopefully this is something you're doing every day. You're backing up your servers, or you're doing clustering, or you're doing replication. You're going to see a lot of things that are mirrored in the cloud environment and mirrored inside of Azure, so understanding on-prem backup technologies is going to be useful for this course.
Also, if you have a general sense of what Azure is. We'll go over a little bit in one of the modules in the course, but really having an idea of what Azure is, how to get it, how to set up a subscription is really going to provide some good information for you. And the last thing, a lot of these technologies, especially when we get the cloud involved, move very, very quickly and they change very, very quickly. So, word on updates, updates, updates, right. Make sure when you go through these technologies, depending on when you're watching this course, chances are, some of the screens that you'll see in the course may have changed a bit, or they've updated the server platforms, or the backup agents, or the backup servers, or the Azure Site Recovery portal.
There's going to be some differences, so just be aware of that. With cloud technologies, this seems to impact our IT world a lot more than we used to have with our on-prem environments.
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover