Join Sharon Bennett for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Microsoft Azure: Design and Implement a Storage Strategy.
- [Instructor] Before jumping into Azure Storage, there are some things you should know. This course covers Azure Storage only. It is designed to provide an overview of the service. You can learn more about other Azure functionality and courses already in the library. This course focuses on the new Azure Resource Manager Portal. Most of the demonstrations will be done using this portal. There will be some PowerShell, and we'll be using the new Storage Explorer. You should already be somewhat familiar with Azure and basic server administrative roles.
Microsoft is not asking you to relearn everything you know about infrastructure, but just tweak what you already do understand. And finally, you should be comfortable with PowerShell. I have kept the PowerShell minimal in this course, but as you dive further into Azure you may want to spend some time learning PowerShell.
- Implementing storage blobs and Azure files
- Managing access
- Configuring diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics
- Enabling and viewing logs
- Implementing Azure SQL databases
- Implementing recovery services
- Creating an Azure Backup vault
- Configuring the Azure Backup agent
- Backing up and restoring files
- Backing up an Azure virtual machine