This course expects that you have some basic knowledge of cloud computing and Azure fundamentals. These videos won't discuss how to create an account, nor storage or compute topics. Instead, this course covers networking topics in detail from the beginner level.
- [Instructor] This course covers all aspects of Azure networking, focusing on strategy from an architect's perspective. Before you embark on this course, there are a few things you should know. All pricing mentioned is accurate at the time of recording, but things change rapidly in cloud computing. I recommend you check the most recent prices before making important decisions and use Azure's pricing calculator, which should always be up to date. If you have no idea what Microsoft Azure even is, or the benefits of the cloud, this might not be the best place for you to start. LinkedIn Learning has several good introductory courses on Azure that might be a better place if you don't have some basic foundation. This course does not cover the absolute basics of Azure, such as creating an account or choosing the best subscription plan for you. This course makes the assumption that you have logged into the Azure portal before and have some experience creating resources of various types. Although we cover Azure networking topics in great detail, from a high level down, we won't be examining any other cloud services, such as Azure Storage, resource groups, virtual machines, or relational databases. Finally, although this course covers Azure networking from the architect's perspective, we won't be covering other architecture topics, such as the more generic principles of software design or tips for coding applications for the cloud. Thank you so much for signing up for this course on designing an Azure networking strategy. The next section covers the high level overview of Azure networking.
- Azure network basics
- Network fundamentals
- Virtual networks and subnets
- Network peering
- VPN gateway
- Virtual private networks
- Load balancing and Application Gateway
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Front Door
- Virtual network service endpoints
- Virtual network traffic routing