In this video, Sharon will provide an overview of virtual machines, their benefits, and why using them makes financial and technical sense in your business. The demonstration will include creating an Azure virtual machine from a template. Azure virtual machine settings and how to modify these settings will also be covered.
- [Instructor] As an IT professional…focusing on infrastructure,…Azure Virtual Machines is the first place I went to,…they're familiar, they're easy,…and let's face it, they're really cool.…Azure Virtual Machines can be created in one of two ways,…you can use a template that are…provided for you within Azure,…there are several templates to choose from,…these templates are not just the Windows stock either,…there are several varieties of…Linux distributions in Azure as well.…In some cases, these templates are not just for one server,…you can deploy an entire farm with one template.…
You can also create templates…of either one or several machines from existing deployments.…You can also bring you own image…from your on-premise environment, if you wish.…This can be uploaded into Azure in one of two ways,…you can use PowerShell to move it into Azure,…or you can use Azure Site Recovery,…not as it was intended, as a replication tool,…but as a migration tool.…One thing to note, as of today, August 8th, 2016,…VHDX is not supported in Azure, VHD is,…
- Understanding cloud technologies
- Why Azure?
- Creating virtual networks and storage
- Using Azure Active Directory for identity management and protection
- Disaster recovery with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
- Working with virtual machines