In this video, get an overview of Azure Monitor and its capabilities.
- [Instructor] Next, let's talk about Azure Monitor. … So what is Azure Monitor? … It is a comprehensive solution … for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry … for your cloud and on-premises applications. … Telemetry is very, very important. … Now, how is it important? … Let me drive this point home a little bit. … When you're writing code for fun, … as in a little PoC, … you take a lot of shortcuts, don't you? … But then, suddenly, your boss shows up and says, … "We need to deploy this to 3,000 users in our company." … And you're suddenly like, whoa, … I did not write the application with that in mind. … Now, multiply that problem with millions, … and if you're a big company … writing complex software that many users need to support, … all of the problems they're running to is telemetry. … Telemetry is very important. … So there are two fundamental types of data … that Azure Monitor collects. … One is metrics, which are numerical values. … They're very lightweight, they're almost real time. …
- Using Application Insights to track and record exceptions
- Viewing exception details
- Diagnostic logging
- Viewing activity logs in Azure Monitor
- Assessing service health in Azure Monitor
- Displaying parameters from VMs and containers
- Tracking network-related assets
- Estimating your bill
- Viewing security and performance recommendations
Skill Level Intermediate
What you should know1m 39s
1. Application Insights
2. Diagnostic Logging
3. Azure Monitor
Next steps2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.