Join Tiago Costa for an in-depth discussion in this video What are Azure Functions?, part of Developing Long-Running Tasks with Microsoft Azure.
- [Instructor] So, when creating long-running tasks, … one of the options that we have in Azure is … to use Azure Functions, so let's check … what Azure Functions are and how can they help us … in executing long-running tasks. … If you're familiar with Lambda Functions from AWS, … Cloud Functions from GCP, you will also love … the Azure Functions. … So, Azure Functions are a serverless event-based compute, … and they extend the Azure App Service platform. … We don't have any infrastructure management … with Azure Functions. … We also have autoscaling based on the workload … that we are going to run inside our Azure Functions, … and we are not going to have any wasted resources … because we can put this in a consumption model … that we are just going to pay for what we really use. … Some business scenarios that we have with this. … So, usually we create Azure Functions, … like for example, SaaS event processing. … One of the things that we can do … with this is serverless web applications architecture. …
- Creating and using Azure Storage queues
- Using Azure Service Bus queues
- Security for Azure Service Bus queues
- Creating and scheduling WebJobs
- Creating Azure functions
- Running Azure Batch workloads
Skill Level Intermediate
Scaling Applications with Microsoft Azurewith Tiago Costa1h 30m Intermediate
What you should know1m 10s
1. Azure Queues
2. Azure WebJobs
3. Azure Functions and the Serverless Era
4. Large-Scale Parallel Compute
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.