Learn how Azure Backup Server provides a great new tool to help complement the Azure Backup agent and a Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager—like functionality to your environment. This free server can provide some key functionality, from Syste
- [Instructor] Now the Azure Backup Agent is a great tool…and it's really just designed to do files and folders.…But you might find yourself wanting to do more,…and that's why we have the Azure Backup Server,…and the Azure Backup Server's job…is to not only back up files and folders,…but it also has several other workloads…it can back up as well.…Let's talk about some of the uniqueness of this server…that we have, and really what is it, why would you use it,…and, really, how do you get started with it?…So, when we look at it, it's Microsoft Azure Backup Server,…it's affectionately known as MABS, is the official name,…I just call it Azure Backup Server, you know, or ABS,…which, you know would kind of be fun to have that…kind of in your environment, but at the end of the day,…the good thing about this server, it's a free server,…this is a free download from Microsoft, now you do…have to have an Azure subscription to make this happen,…but it's a free server at the end of the day.…
Now, here's a cool thing about this server:…
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 50m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 1m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 47m Intermediate
1. Azure Overview
2. Business Continuity Overview
3. Azure Backup
4. Azure Backup Server
5. Azure Site Recovery
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.