Learn how Azure Site Recovery provides some fantastic services for your organization. Find out how Azure Site Recovery provides migration services to move your virtual machines (Hyper-V or VMware) to Azure as well as failover automation for your environme
- [Instructor] Now, one of the exciting things that Azure…provides for your business continuity story…specific to virtual machine environments, so,…if you have Hyper-V or VMware running on-prem,…there's actually a fantastic utility called the…Azure Site Recovery tool, or ASR for short.…This tool is designed to really help not only…work with your virtual machine environment to protect…it in case one of those on-prem virtual machines…goes down, but also can be used to help replicate those…environments to Azure, so, it's not uncommon to see…ASR being used in migration scenarios…if you want to move those local virtual machines…to a cloud environment like Azure.…
Let's talk a little bit about how this tool works…and what it does.…So what is ASR?…ASR is basically a replication, failover,…and recover multiple workloads engine.…Now, what does that mean?…We can replicate our on-prem VMs to Azure,…Hyper-V or VMware, we can do failovers,…and we can even do planned, we can do unplanned,…or we can even test our failovers.…
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 50m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 47m Intermediate
1. Azure Overview
2. Business Continuity Overview
3. Azure Backup
4. Azure Backup Server
5. Azure Site Recovery
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.