Get the most value from your Azure subscription. Learn how to use Azure as an IaaS solution to build, deploy, and manage applications in the cloud.
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Benkovich and I've worked with Azure since it was first launched, both back when I was at Microsoft as an evangelist and later as a cloud architect. In this course, we're going to look at lessons learned about how you can get the most value from the cloud. We'll look at best practices around governance of your subscriptions and accounts and how you can use concepts like resource groups to organize the services you provision and how you can use policies that you enforce and tags to make sure that you stay in control. We'll also explore how to use virtual machines as your infrastructure and create virtual networks that will even connect the cloud to your own data centers.
We'll look at options for disaster recovery, and we'll show how you can leverage templates and automation to make the process of creating services in Azure consistent and repeatable. We've got a lot to cover, so grab your parachute and let's dive in.
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage