Get started with Microsoft Cognitive Services, and discover how to embed AI in your applications to enable those apps to see, speak, understand, and interpret the needs of your users.
- [Sahil] Hi, my name is Sahil Malik and welcome to Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers. We are truly embarking on a big change in our industry. We are moving from algorithms to intelligent algorithms. AI, or artificial intelligence, has existed for some time now, but it is only recently that it is within our reach. Calling cognitive services is as easy as calling a rest API.
Between vision, speech, knowledge, search and language, the cognitive API brings exciting capabilities that allow your applications on all platforms to hear, see, speak, understand, and interpret our intent via natural means of communication. This course is intended to be an introduction to cognitive services, a way for you to get started if you have no background but a lot of interest in these new capabilities.
While all the code shown is in Node.js, really it's just simple rest API calls. So feel free to follow along in any platform of your choice. As long as you can call a rest API, all the concepts are the same. I hope you enjoy watching this course and thank you for watching.
- Exploring the possibilities of the Vision API
- Submitting an image to the Vision API for processing
- Asking the Vision API to recognize faces
- Working with the Speech API
- Writing speech-to-text code
- Working with the Language API
- Getting languages for translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS) concepts
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 2with Scott Peterson50m 17s Intermediate
1. The Vision API
2. The Speech API
3. The Language API
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.