In this course—the first in the Microsoft Cybersecurity Stack series—learn the basics of setting up endpoint protection. Discover how to set up Azure Active Directory Premium, enable multi-factor authentication, and more.
- [Pete] As your active directory supports a variety of enterprise identity models, and choosing and implementing the right model that best fits your org may seem like something of a dark art, but that's what this course is all about. Hi, I'm Pete Zerger, and I'm a consultant, author, speaker, and 11-time Microsoft MVP focused on Microsoft cloud and cyber security solutions for medium and large enterprises. In this course, I'll help you identify, implement and secure an Azure identity model that makes sense for your business using the latest features of Azure active directory premium.
I'll begin by explaining the three primary identity models, and walking you through the configuration of the most common options. Then I'll show you how to implement a more secure identity approach with Azure multifactor authentication and conditional access. We'll also briefly look at how Azure AD Premium can streamline management of your Windows 10 desktops. Finally, I'll discuss how to use the power of Azure to securely publish your on-premises web applications without moving or rewriting them and without touching your firewall.
So if you're ready, let's get started.
In this course—the first in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger takes you through the basics of setting up endpoint protection. He begins by explaining how to set up Azure Active Directory Premium. Next, he goes into enabling multi-factor authentication, followed by setting conditions for secure access. To wrap up, Pete covers managing mobile devices with Intune, and publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy.
- Setting up Azure Active Directory for an organization
- Enabling user-level and application-level multi-factor authentication
- Setting conditions for secure access
- Planning a mobile device management (MDM) strategy
- How Intune (standalone) MDM works
- How Intune mobile application management works
- Publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy
- Assigning users and groups