Boost your skills in Azure implementation, going from beginner-level to intermediate, by learning how to create, scale, manage, and monitor ARM virtual machines.
- [Sharon] Welcome to the world of Azure Virtual Machines. I'm Sharon Bennett, a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, and I'll be leading you through this new IT reality. In this course, we are going to explore Azure Virtual Machines. From creating to scaling, and monitoring them. We'll look at how to automate your virtual machine configuration with extensions. We'll spend some time working with the new virtual machine scale set feature, learning how to create the scale sets, configure the scaling threshold, and how to modify the capacity of your scale sets.
Creating virtual machines is awesome, but you also need to know how to keep your virtual machine secure and always available. To accomplish this, we'll look at disk encryption and discuss the importance of availability sets. If you're ready, grab your favorite beverage and let's dive into Azure Virtual Machines.
- Creating a Windows virtual machine
- Deploying a Linux virtual machine
- Using PowerShell for creating a Windows VM
- Configuring extensions
- Enabling remote debugging
- Configuring shared storage
- Configuring disk storage
- Working with Azure Disk Encryption
- Monitoring and creating VM alerts
- Configuring diagnostic and storage monitoring
- Creating availability sets
- Combining the load balancer with availability sets
- Scaling up and scaling down VM sizes
- Creating and modifying VM scale sets