Get started working with Windows Azure, the complete Microsoft cloud offering for data storage, website development, mobile authentication and messaging, and more.
- [Voiceover] Hi, this is David Isbitski and welcome to Up and Running with Azure. In this course I will give you the fundamentals of what cloud computing is and what Microsoft's Azure platform can do for you. I'll start off by showing you how to set up the free development environment, and then I will walk you through the sign-up process. Next, we'll take a look at the Azure Portal itself. I'll show off Azure's new IaaS offering, or Infrastructure as a Service, with Azure Virtual Machines. Then we'll create a scalable website using Azure Web Sites.
We'll take a look at Azure Mobile Services, a new offering that allows structured storage, push notifications, and a complete API set for your mobile apps, and we'll see Cloud Services in action. Then we'll cover Data Services, where we will look at SQL, table and blob storage, and finally we'll take a look at App Services, and tie it all together with a five node cloud service, that has both web and worker roles, communicating through a Service Bus message queue, and saving all of that to storage.
So sit back, strap in, and get ready to be up and running with Azure.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Windows Azure?
- Creating a Windows Azure virtual machine
- Creating and deploying an Azure website
- Adding Worker and Web roles to your cloud service
- Creating a new SQL database
- Writing and reading from the Service Bus queue
- Saving queue messages to Table storage