In this demonstration, learn how to use the solution Update Management in Operations Management Suite to deploy and schedule Windows updates on your Azure virtual machines.
- [Instructor] In addition to using an automation account…in Runbooks to manage your Azure implementations,…you can also use the Microsoft Operations…Management Suite or OMS.…As you can see, I have logged into OMS.…I'm going to go ahead and schedule updates…for our virtual machines.…I already happen to have update management configured…in my OMS workspace.…If you do not have update management, you can go ahead…and click on Solutions Gallery,…and then locate Update Management, and you'll notice…that there are several different solutions to choose from.…
I happen to know that Update Management…is at the very end of my list.…I'm going to go ahead, click on it, and as we can see here,…it already states that this is owned.…That means I've already gone ahead…and added this to my workspace.…I'm going to go ahead, click on View, and this will provide…the same view as if I had done it from the home screen.…I currently have two computers configured…for this OMS workspace, and that's why we see…that we have two computers listed here.…
Note: As an intermediate-level course, an existing understanding of the Azure platform is required. The course can also serve to deepen the skills of IT professionals wishing to prepare for Azure certification.
- Monitoring Azure solutions
- Operations Management Suite, Azure Service Health, and Azure Application Insights
- Azure regions and domains
- Designing a recovery strategy with Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup
- Configuring and deploying your recovery strategy
- Azure Automation use cases