This video gives an overview of users and groups management in Azure, comparing it with on-premises and showcasing how it is easier.
- [Instructor] The next step in onboarding onto Azure AD … is to manage users and groups. … All objects in Azure AD are revamped for cloud readiness, … regardless of whether the objects are created in the cloud … or synchronized from on-premises through AD Connect. … Objects that are native to the cloud … are already compatible with it, … but those that are synchronized are upended … with the necessary attributes after synchronization … to make them cloud-ready. … There are three main types of users in Azure AD, … federated, synchronized, and cloud only. … This categorization is based on two factors, … one, the scope of operation of these accounts, … and two, where the authentication takes place. … Let me explain. … You get federated users in Azure AD from environments … where both ADDS and ADFS are present on-premises, … and users are synchronized to the cloud using AD Connect. … The scope of operation of such accounts … encompasses both environments, … which means federated users can access resources …
AuthorKunal D Mehta
- Using the Azure AD Connect tool
- User and group management in Azure
- Azure AD security features
- Azure AD support for open standards
- Provisioning an Azure AD tenant
- How Azure AD may affect infrastructure costs and growth
- How Azure AD impacts employee efficiency
Skill Level Beginner
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy2h 9m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 54m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 6m Intermediate
1. Azure Active Directory Fundamentals
2. Industry Standards and Compliance
3. Provisioning an Azure AD Tenant
4. Potential Business Impact of Azure AD Adoption
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.