Designing user interfaces for MR applications can be tricky. Here, learn what can be learned in dozens of UI design iterations.
- So let's talk a little bit before we get started…actually building the first thing.…Just a little bit of a conversation…around our user interface in mixed reality,…because there's some things that people…should probably think about in terms of how their components…interact with each other,…how they provide information to the customer…that's wearing the headset.…Things they can do to improve the experience I guess…of the person wearing the headset.…
- [Expert] Yes, there are things…that you are going to think about…of the design phase of the application.…You're not gonna start coding right away,…and during this phase it's important…to make the right decisions.…In terms for example of the UI.…- [Instructor] Yeah.…So, let's talk about the diegetic UI,…and we got a couple of examples here.…Some good, some bad, of diegetic,…and what does diegetic mean?…- [Expert] Diegetic is referring to a UI…that is in context with the environment.…
It's not something floating up in the air…or it's not something that is on the side…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.