- View Offline
- Setting up Visual Studio, Node.js, and the Azure Mobile Services SDK
- Creating a new Azure Mobile Service instance
- Connecting an app to a new service
- Creating and managing storage tables
- Setting up Facebook authorization
- Storing app data in the cloud
- Sending out push notifications
- Setting up an API service
- Adding custom logging
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, this is David Isbitski and welcome to Up and Running with Azure Mobile Services. In this course, I will cover how to set up the free development tools including both Visual Studio and Node.js. Next I will give you an understanding of what the Microsoft Azure platform is and specifically what Azure Mobile Services can do for you. We'll walk through creating a new service and then we will connect an existing HTML5 java script based window store game to that service. I'll show you how to add gamer profiles to that game using Azure Mobile Services identity service and we'll connect to Facebook pulling down our gamers Facebook photo and name.
We'll also look at adding high score tables and we'll add a restful based API to our service that enable anyone on the web to pull down the highest level achieved across all of our players. So let's get ready to cloud enable our apps and get up and running with Azure Mobile Services.