Following the initial setup of the Microsoft Motion Controllers, it is now time to learn further about them and implement user input.
- Okay, so you've pasted that code in…but it looks like have some red squiggly lines there,…which is a bit of a problem.…Why does it not recognize some of these objects?…- [Stefano] So those objects are not recognized…because they are a part of the…Microsoft library for mixed reality.…- [Bearded Man] Right, so we need to include that library.…- [Stefano] So the library we are going to include is…UnityEngine dot XR dot WSA dot Input. So that is --…- [Bearded Man] Right, so this is the Windows input library,…essentially the Windows input for mixed reality.…
Great, so now we've got this class.…So let's talk through the things that we're doing here.…So the first thing we're doing here…is we're using the header attribute from...…Well, actually, yeah, we've got these static controllers,…but we'll come back to that in a minute,…because we're gonna instantiate them.…- [Stefano] Which, actually, since I've done…a copy and paste, I have to change this static.…- [Bearded Man] Right, yes, 'cause it's us, right?…- [Stefano] Yeah, exactly.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.