Before the cloud, crunching big data was an expensive endeavor and many companies could not afford it. One way of crunching such data is by using the Azure Batch service. In this video, learn about Azure Batch jobs.
- [Instructor] We've seen how we can create … simple virtual machines, … but most of the time a simple virtual machine … won't be enough for what you need to do. … And there are special situations … when you have a lot of data that needs to be processing. … So, batch service is such a service coming … from Azure, from Microsoft, … that will allow you to deal with massive amounts of data. … And it's specially designed … for high performance computing. … When you look at what the capabilities … of batch service, it can address two type of problems. … One of them is the embarrassingly parallel algorithm. … What that means, it means that … you have a very big amount of data, … and you have a lot of work to do … on that data, but the work can be split … in smaller tasks and every single task … can be run independently of each other. … So in such a situation it's very useful … for you for instance to create different jobs … that would be run on different nodes. … Another solution is when you have a tightly coupled …
- Implementing solutions that use virtual machines
- Options for creating virtual machines
- Creating a virtual machine using PowerShell
- Configuring Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
- Running a batch job using PowerShell and CLI
- Creating and running a batch job using .NET