JSON templates allow you to deploy resources in a very quick and repeatable manner. In this video, learn what these JSON templates do as well as how to create one using some basic syntax.
- [Instructor] We're going to take a look JSON templates … and I want to start off with the definition. … It's a standardized template used to deploy a resource … and all of it's dependent resources in Microsoft Azure. … So the benefits, it's easy and it's fast … and you can deploy resources in a very quick manner. … It's customizable to meet specific requirements … that you might have for any deployment of any resource. … There is a huge library of predefined templates … that are available to you and you can redeploy … current resources, what this means is it's not just used … for deployment of new resources … but if you have current resources, … you can make changes to those resources through a template. … Now, when should you use a JSON template? … If you need to deploy many resources over … a quick period of time, this is the tool you should use. … If you want to save time with deployments … and if you have some kind of standardized … resource deployment, that you have the same … virtual machine, the same web application, …
- Customizing the Azure portal
- Creating and deploying resources
- Using the Azure CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with the CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with PowerShell
- Deploying resources with JSON templates