Azure Traffic Manager is a cloud-based DNS load balancer. Traffic Manager redirects incoming DNS requests based on a routing method. In this video, learn how to set up Azure Traffic Manager to route traffic across several Azure Regions.
- [Narrator] Azure Traffic Manager … is a DNS-based traffic load balancer … that enables you to distribute traffic optimally … to services across global Azure regions, … while still providing high availability and responsiveness. … Traffic Manager uses DNS to direct client requests … to the most appropriate service endpoints … based on the traffic routine method … and the health of the endpoints. … An end point is an internet facing service … hosted inside or even outside Azure. … Traffic Manager provides range of traffic routine methods … and enables end point monitoring options … to suit different application needs. … Traffic Manager is resilient at failures, … including the failure of an entire region … because Traffic Manager is a global Azure service, … so this means that it's not bounded to a single region. … When we create a Traffic Manager … we can have endpoints that can be Azure Virtual Machine's, … could be cloud services, app services, … or even the external endpoints. … So, you can even create an endpoint …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.