In this video, get an introduction to topology. Learn why it is important to keep the polygon count of models as low as possible, to ensure optimum performance of your mixed reality application.
- Okay, so we've looked at how to create simple models…in Paint 3-D, which is useful,…and handy as a free tool.…But let's get into a tool like Maya,…which is much more complicated,…lets us do a whole bunch of extra stuff.…There's a few things that you want to talk about…in terms of the way you work with Maya…to create models that work well…in a mixed-reality environment.…So, should we start with topology?…- Yes, so topology is very important to consider…when you're creating a 3-D model.…
Anything that is too high poly is going to slow down…your mixed-reality application significantly.…So, you want to keep the poly count as low as possible,…with the exception of animated meshes,…so anything that is animated…does need slightly higher poly count,…and we'll go into detail about why.…- [Man] Now there's ways that you can fix this,…and we're gonna dig into that.…What about using maps?…- So using maps is very important…when you wanna keep the poly count low.…
So, you can have a very high poly mesh,…and all the detail that you have on that polygon mesh,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.