The final video of this chapter gives you some extra useful tips to squeeze out the best possible performance results.
- Now there's a ton of other things…that people should be thinking about…as they're building out their scenes,…as they're building out their MR applications.…And I know that, as you've been doing this,…both building unity applications not for VR or MR,…but then getting into the HoloLens,…and getting into the MR applications.…What kind of things would you recommend people look out for?…What are kind of the top 10 Elliot's tips for people?…- Yep, so I really like a lot of those material-based ones,…where making sure you're using texture atlases.…
I think that's a huge one to always watch out for.…Ensuring there's only one material on meshes,…if it only needs one, and you should really strive…to just get a single one, because it's a lot more effective.…But essentially that actually just comes back to…being smart with your shaders.…- Yes.…- And that's, as we sort of decide on our materials,…like if you choose to use, say a mobile platform,…or something that might have less processing power,…it's worth changing your shader to match that.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.