As you work with Azure Site Recovery (ASR), you will want to test it. Learn how ASR provides a great utility to help ensure you have properly configured your recovery environment, in case you need it.
- [Instructor] One of the fantastic things about…Azure site recovery and leveraging this tool…is that you can perform to test failovers,…so it allows you to test the environment…and make sure that failover works properly.…Especially if you have a complex environment…where you're bringing back lots of servers,…it allows you to make sure that everything is coming up…in a proper order.…More importantly it builds it all up inside of Azure…and you can go test it after the fact,…to make sure the servers are running,…everything is connecting.…That it actually did in fact we recover it.…So the good thing about this is that you can test it…to verify it's going to work the way you want to,…in case you ever need it.…
So what I'm going to do inside of this module…is step you through how to start a test failover.…I already have one that's in process…and I'll explain why in just a few minutes…of what's happening with it and why it paused it…during the actual process,…but it's important to see how this works.…If you're following along, it will take generally…
- Examining platform choices
- Creating the Recovery Services vault
- Installing the agent
- Configuring the agent
- Installing Azure Backup Server
- Configuring Azure Backup Server
- Testing failover
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 50m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 1m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 47m Intermediate
1. Azure Overview
2. Business Continuity Overview
3. Azure Backup
4. Azure Backup Server
5. Azure Site Recovery
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.