Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Template deployment, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So to get started with deploying…Resource Manager templates using Azure PowerShell…is a great document that's out there…that covers how this is done.…You need to download and install…the Azure PowerShell cmdlets first.…And then when you run a deployment, you basically go out,…you select your account, the subscription,…create the resource group, and then do the deployment.…One of the things that's worth knowing about is that…there are different ways that we can run this,…where we do a complete mode where only the resources…that are defined inside the template will be there…when it's done, 'cause it'll delete anything…that was already there.…
Otherwise, in incremental mode, it will leave unchanged…anything that is already in that resource group.…So in incremental mode is probably…where you'll spend a lot of time.…One of the things that it also does that's worth knowing…is that when you do a deployment,…if the resource already exists, it just leaves it unchanged.…So a template can have many, many different resources…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage