Learn how to implement a teleportation mechanic in your MR application, allowing the user to instantly teleport from one point to another within a scene.
- Okay, cool, so you just showed us…how to use the thumb stick.…We used that same way we were picking up the…controller information and we can use it to move around.…That's one way of moving.…The next thing which we wanna show to you…so you can understand how to teleport…between locations that you can see within your space.…- Yes.…- So, what have you done here?…Here you've created a set of, like discs on the ground…that represent locations you can teleport to?…- [Stefano] Yes, let's call them "beacons."…These beacons are just spheres,…as you can see here in the transform.…
As you can see here in the transform,…they're just spheres that have been flattened out.…So the Y-scale is to (0, 1),…while the X- and the Z- is (0, 8).…So they're just really flat spheres…that I've placed on the floor.…To do spheres, what I've done is I've added a script.…Now you notice that this script called "beacon,"…this class called "beacon,"…is very similar to what we have created…previously for the gaze.…- [Neil] Right, so it's a target object…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.