Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Teardown, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] In this course we've seen how we've gone out…and created a lot of different resources.…By using resource groups we're able to contain them…into a particular collection where…we are able to manage them together.…The nice thing about that is that when we want to clean up…at the end of the day when we're done working with this,…I can go out and I can manage stuff directly…from that one resource group.…If I select on the research group demo one…you'll see we have all of these different things…that we put out here.…We've got our deployments, we can see actual resource costs,…which show us how much we've…spent on each one of these things,…and to be honest this is a demo…so I don't necessarily want to keep it around forever.…
So what I'm going to do is I can delete the resource group…and then be able to reprovision it later on if I need to.…But before I do that, one feature that I can do is…I can create an automation script which will actually take…the template of what I created in here and allow…me then to redeploy it again later.…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage